> On Mar 13, 2019, at 2:16 PM, OMER AHARONIAN <omerpo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As Go provides both good performance and ease of development, I'd be happy to
> use it instead of C. Aren't there any projects out there that do so?
>
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2019, 21:07 Damjan Marion <dmar...@me.com> wrote:

Here is a Go design using DPDK called NFF-Go
https://www.dpdk.org/hosted-projects/
Go is fast, but calling ‘C’ code from Go is very expensive as Go needs to do
some conversion from ‘C’ <-> ‘Go’. The NFF-Go code calls DPDK to process
packets at a much higher level then just having wrapper routines around every
DPDK API, this will be the same thing for VPP is my guess.

> > On 13 Mar 2019, at 19:42, OMER AHARONIAN <omerpo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > My name is Omer and I'm planning to start using VPP as part of a project
> > I'm working on. I was trying to find an answer to the following question
> > but without much success. I was hoping you might have the answer.
> > VPP provides the I/S for developing custom plugins that can be hooked into
> > a graph of nodes. I've only seen examples for such plugins written in the C
> > language and was wondering whether other languages Go, for instance, can
> > also be used to write such plugins.
>
> While not impossible, afaik nobody tried to do such thing before. It will
> likely be easier to learn C than to go that route :)

Keith