From: <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of Andreas Schultz
<andreas.schu...@travelping.com>
Date: Monday, April 29, 2019 at 9:31 AM
To: "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] how to trace tcp4-output?

Hi,

I'm trying to debug a problem and need to trace tcp4-output with vpp 19.04.

So far I have tried it with "trace add tcp4-output 100 verbose", but that is
not producing the expected result. The trace buffer is always empty.

I was expecting that "trace add af-packet-input 100" would also trace the
replies. But I can only see the incoming TCP-SYN, the generated SYN+ACK and the
tcp4-output nodes are not showing up in the trace.
I do know that the SYN+ACK gets generate, because I can see it in tcpdump after
it has gone through an encapsulation.

The problem I'm trying to figure out is why the TCP SYN+ACK packet when it hits
a tunnel encapsulation node has invalid (or even no) check sums. I suspect
there is something going on with the csum offload. But without the trace,
finding that problem is a nightmare.

Many thanks,
Andreas

Dipl.-Inform. Andreas Schultz

Travelping GmbH                     Phone:  +49-391-81 90 99 0
Roentgenstr. 13                     Fax:    +49-391-81 90 99 299
39108 Magdeburg                     Email:
i...@travelping.com<mailto:i...@travelping.com>
GERMANY                             Web:    http://www.travelping.com
Company Registration: Amtsgericht Stendal        Reg No.:   HRB 10578
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Holger Winkelmann          VAT ID No.: DE236673780