Hi Andreas,

The tracing should work but because we’re reusing the syn packet to build the
syn-ack, it might not show correctly. Could you breakpoint the tcp4-output and
try to see if the trace code is hit?

As for the checksum, tcp only tags the packet with a request to have it
offloaded. If the nic wrongly advertises that it can do it, the offload
infrastructure will comply with that.

If you’re using dpdk and you want to force sw checksum computation, change
startup conf and add "dpdk { enable-tcp-udp-checksum }”.

Hope this helps,
Florin