Hi All,
I need a help in investigation of one problem with TAP interface. I try to
develop plugin that inspects packets send from Host Linux via TAP interface and
take some actions on them. Scenario is like this:
Linux Host Tap -->vpp tap0 --> other vpp interface. My node is set to be
visited before 'ethernet-input'. Strange is that when Linux starts to send
packets over tap interface my node is not called. I have checked counters of
all nodes and see that event ethernet-input node counters are not increment.
Only nodes that are activated (regarding counters) are l2-input, l2-fwd and etc.
I was with impression that my code is not correct. In order to isolate mistakes
from my side, i have activate mactime feature on same interface. The result was
that mactime-tx is activated, but mactime - not. What is special on tap
interface and why flow is not same like other interfaces ? Do You have some
suggestion how to install my node in order to be on RX flow of TAP interface ?
VPP version is v19.08.1.