From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Satya Murthy
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2019 4:31 AM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] fd to poll in VPP-API-CLIENT with no RX thread

Hi,

We are trying to come up with VPP-API-CLIENT module that has no special RX
thread.
As we dont have no RX thread, we are planning to read messages from shared
memory from our main dispatcher.
To do this, we want to poll on an FD to check if any message arrived in the SHM
queue.
I was looking for some eventfd over this shared memory which indicates a
message arrival. However, I dont see an eventfd getting flagged by VPP.
This will make the client purely asynchronous without RX thread.

I see some eventfd code in src/vnet/session/* code. But this does not seems to
be used by general VPP API server code.
Any inputs on how to achieve this pls ?

--
Thanks & Regards,