Thanks Dave for the quick reply.

Main problem we are seeing with having RX thread is:

1) Our application sends VPP-API-request in main thread and stores the Request
and context information in a list
2) If the response comes in the RX thread, we need to access the context
information list in this thread which may force us to have locks across these
data structures to clear contention between main and RX thread.
We are worried abt performance degradation in control plane due to these locks
when we have thousands of FIB entries ( in the order of 50K ).

--
Thanks & Regards,
Murthy