Hi ,

We are seeing crash in vlib_worker_thread_barrier_sync_int() function as soon
as we send a CLI command to VPP.
We are sending CLI command to VPP via a script, which may not be waiting enough
for VPP initialization to settle.

I see that the crash is happening in the following piece of code.

while (*vlib_worker_threads->workers_at_barrier != count)
{
if ((now = vlib_time_now (vm)) > deadline)
{
fformat (stderr, "%s: worker thread deadlock\n", __FUNCTION__);
os_panic ();  <<<<<<<<  Here
}

>From what I see in the code, not all worker threads got a chance to increment
>workers_at_barrier  and hence not able to hit the condition within the
>deadline ( 1 sec) and hence the crash. Is my understanding correct ?

If so, are we sending the CLI command too early to VPP ( before all workers
initialized ), and hence this crash ?

Any inputs on this would really help us.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Murthy