The ssh tunnel is a good-enough solution actually, as I'm running vpp on each
host using ssh connections. I can map the socket using that :)

Thanks,
Chris.

> On Jan 8, 2020, at 4:59 PM, Ole Troan <otr...@employees.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> VPP itself exposes the API over a Unix domain socket or via shared memory.
>
> There is no authentication, retransmits, or congestion control.
>
> I have tried proxying the UDS across an ssh tunnel and that seemed to work.
> You could also do something like a grpc proxy to accommodate remote access.
>
> Cheers
> Ole
>
>> On 8 Jan 2020, at 22:22, Christian Hopps <cho...@chopps.org> wrote:
>>
>> I was looking to use the VPP binary api using python over a TCP socket. As
>> I look at the python code it seems this may not be possible. Can anyone
>> confirm whether this might be possible or not? I see in the python api code
>> it opens a unix stream socket, so I changed that to AF_INET without much
>> luck. I'm wondering if this just needs a couple tweaks or if it's really not
>> supported.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris.

  • ... Christian Hopps
    • ... Ole Troan
      • ... Christian Hopps
      • ... Christian Hopps
        • ... Ole Troan
          • ... Christian Hopps
            • ... Ole Troan
              • ... Christian Hopps
                • ... Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) via Lists.Fd.Io
                • ... Paul Vinciguerra
                • ... Ole Troan
                • ... Paul Vinciguerra
                • ... Ole Troan