Hmm so that’s an interesting question. Adding a new API into an existing file
will still change the CRC on the plugin/module - which means that if we are
aiming for binary compatibility (which is I think what we are doing) - it means
we can only allow the one-shot addition of new .api files, right ?

--a

> On 26 Feb 2020, at 17:26, Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECH SRO at
> Cisco) <vrpo...@cisco.com> wrote:
>

> > as soon as the CRC of any existing messages does not change, a patch is
> > okay to include into 19.08
>
> Does that mean we want an api-crc job also for 1908 stream?
> We currently have api-crc job only for master,
> because other branches were not expected to edit .api files.
>
> Vratko.

              • ... Christian Hopps
              • ... Neale Ranns via Lists.Fd.Io
              • ... Christian Hopps
              • ... Neale Ranns via Lists.Fd.Io
              • ... Christian Hopps
              • ... Neale Ranns via Lists.Fd.Io
              • ... Christian Hopps
              • ... Neale Ranns via Lists.Fd.Io
            • ... Neale Ranns via Lists.Fd.Io
      • ... Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) via Lists.Fd.Io
        • ... Andrew Yourtchenko