Hi Kasuma,

Applications that attach to the session layer (through the session api) can
read/write data, i.e., byte stream or datagrams, that are delivered from/to the
underlying transports (tcp, udp, quic, tls) via specific session layer apis or
POSIX-like apis, if they use the vcl library.

If you want to deliver udp packets to/from a vpp "builtin application" see
udp_register_dst_port(). On the other hand, if you want to the same with the
rest of the transport protocol, you’ll have to reimplement them since the ones
we have are “plugged” into the session layer.