I had to go through slowly and take lots of Dramamine to get my head to
stop spinning while I read through everything. I agree -- referring to a
frame as a vector when it is not a vector in the sense of the
infrastructure vector makes something relatively straightforward into
something unnecessarily abstruse.

I would change the comment
  /* Number of vector elements currently in frame. */

/* Number of frame elements (vectors) in frame. */

or
/* Number of frame elements (vectors [aka packets]) in frame. */

And the documentation should either pick another term for vector, or, if
that ruins the spirit of the project, should spell out each time that it is
using the concept loosely, i.e., not in the meaning of the infrastructure
code. I think the documentation should be maintained in a fashion where
there is an implicit belief that anybody reading the documentation is also
reading the source code.

Now, if I have the wrong picture at this point, then even more thorough
changes should be made (I hope I have the correct picture.)

Burt