Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your suggestions on this.

We did few more tests today, and here are some observations.
Please let us know your thoughts on this.

1) We added a lock on the datapath also while doing rulematch using acl apis.
The same lock is getting acquired while doing acl adds from other threads.

With this, we are NOT seeing the crash.

So, one question we have is:
Even when the main thread does control plane operations on ACLs ( like add /
dels), the other workers will not be able to safely use the ACL apis to do rule
matching ?

Taking this lock in the datapath is surely not desirable, as it will hit
performance.
Please let us know your thoughts on this.

2) When we observed the crash earlier, we were doing only ACL adds and pumping
data
So, the contention is between adding new ACLs and using the ACLs during
rulematch. There are delete of ACLs at all.
This is one more observation we want to share with you, if that can give some
hints for the crash.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Murthy