Looks really cool! Feel free to move the old one to deprecated... 😉... Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Damjan Marion via
lists.fd.io
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 11:14 AM
To: vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] New perfmon plugin

Guys,

I just submitted patch with the new perfmon plugin: [1]

It takes significantly different approach compared to current one.

 - it support multiple sources of perf counters (linux, intel core, intel
uncore) and it is extensible to other vendors
 - it have concept instances so it can monitor multiple instances of specific
PMU (DRAM channels, UPI/QPU links, ..)
 - it supports node, thread and system metrics
 - different metrics are organized in bundles, where bundle consists of
multiple counters and format functions which calculates and presents metric.
Yuo can find example of bundle here [2]

To se how this looks in action, I captured small asciinema video: [3]

As this new plugin is significantly different than old one, I wonder if anyone
thinks we should keep old une.
Also, any other feedback is wellcome.

Thanks,

Damjan