Hi,

On 08/11/2021 19:15, Damjan Marion via lists.fd.io wrote:

and that VPP works better when DPDK is not involved.

Apologies for hijacking the thread but as a new VPP user who has spent many many hours reading through every scrap of documentation I can find, this statement comes as a surprise to me. Unfortunately a lot of the VPP documentation seems a bit out of date. Indeed, the documentation for most the recent release still says it 'Leverages best-of-breed open source driver technology: DPDK':

https://s3-docs.fd.io/vpp/21.10/whatisvpp/performance.html

So if DPDK isn't the best option any more, what do the people of this list recommend as a NIC and driver combination, and why? (Unfortunately, I don't have a huge budget at my disposal, so I'm looking for some best value-for-money options.)

Thanks,
Ben.