Depends upon what you mean by "right now".
The normal way to send a packet out in VPP is to just put the buffers to the
interface-output node with vlib_buffer_t.sw_if_index[VLIB_TX] set to the
correct interface.
There will be some latency, as the interface-output node and then the drivers
node must run afterwards, but you'll skip any other nodes (eg. let's say you're
on the device-input feature arc and you want to skip the whole L3 path -
ip4-lookup and friends).

Best
ben