Thanks Benoit, let me be more specific than last time --

Suppose my node is on the ip4-unicast feature arc and thus handling
the packets from ip4-input, say I get a frame here of 25 packets.
Now my node runs through these 25 packets, the first packet is special
and needs to go out on priority so I enqueue it to interface output at
L2 level like you said which is mighty fine. The node also finishes
the rest of packets processing and pushes them all to ip4-lookup for
further routing and sending.
In this scenario is it guaranteed that the first packet would be sent
out of the NIC first i.e. before the other 24 packets -- I am not
aware of the entire mechanics of the scheduling out here, but if
that's the net effect then that's exactly what I want.

Regards
-Prashant