From: Pim van Pelt
Date: 2022-04-24 16:56
To: haiyan...@ilinkall.cn
CC: vpp-dev
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] how BIRD routes integrate into vpp
Hoi,

20.01 is somewhat old. Synchronizing routes from bird or frr is possible,
although you'll want to run Linux Control Plane plugin (pertinent gerrit:
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/31122) which was merged in time for the last
release 21.10. I wrote a set of articles on the Linux CP plugin here:
https://ipng.ch/s/articles/  (see the 7 posts marked "VPP Linux CP" for lots of
background). You could try to compile the plugin on 20.01 but I'm certain
you'll have to make some changes on your own, as the codebase has evolved quite
a bit since your 20.01 release from 2020.

You can also take a look at a screencast I made that shows the plugin (that
reads exactly from Bird as you wish): https://asciinema.org/a/432943

groet,
Pim

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 9:32 AM haiyan...@ilinkall.cn <haiyan...@ilinkall.cn>