Hi,

We have a main VPP process running and we have IPIP tunnels configured in VPP
which we try to fetch using VAPI API calls. It works fine in normal scenarios
but when we by mistake executed the command "vpp" from linux command line, we
saw that an additional VPP daemon started running and also that VAPI API call
is not able to fetch IPIP tunnel data anymore. On killing this daemon manually,
we observed that VAPI connections could not be established anymore and VPP's
main process also got into a bad state. Restarting VPP fixed the issue and we
were able to fetch IPIP tunnel data through VAPI APIs.

What is the purpose of this command "vpp" and is it a valid use case to run
multiple vpp daemons? Also, how can we restrict the additional daemon from
starting if VPP's main process is already running?

Thanks and Regards,
Chinmaya Agarwal.