Hoi,

Also worth noting, several sockets are created in /run/vpp/* notably the
API socket /run/vpp/api.sock - the second invocation of "vpp" may have
overwritten the socket with a new one, rendering the existing first
invocation of "vpp" unusable.
As Klement points out, you can run multiple instances of VPP, but make sure
they run in their own namespace so that they don't overwrite each others
shared memory and stats segments, and they don't overwrite each others
sockets.

groet,
Pim

--