At 13:53 05.11.2003, you wrote:
Charles Dale wrote:
Re: compiliing a kernel on SuSE, they should provide a .config file that has
all the configuration options used for compiling the stock kernel.
With RedHat this is in the config/ directory inside the kernel tree. Looking
at a SuSE source RPM I can't see anything similar. Hmm.

On redhat, if the config is in that directory, what is the config file in /boot ?

The other thing: I might be wrong with this, but: Isn't it the case that redhat provides a patched kernel ? I could not fine the whole source kernel. Finally I used a standard vanilla kernel (which I still have little problems with).

I could only find some kernel-xxx.src.rpm, but which only installs some other directory structure, not like it would be with a vanilla kernel.

Ages ago I searched for the same for rh7.3, that days it was seperated, I also had to install kernel-headers etc..., but I can't find these things for rh9.

Hints are appreaciated !

JH