> Ages ago I searched for the same for rh7.3, that days it was
> seperated, I also had to install kernel-headers etc..., but I can't
> find these things for rh9.

I think running a vanilla kernel on rh9/rhel3 is not a good idea (this
was what I found with taroon at least) - the red hat kernel has NPTL
(native posix thread library) support patched in, and a lot of userspace
things expect this kernel support to be there. If you run a vanilla
kernel (which won't have NPTL) then you will see problems with threaded
apps.

Unfortunately the vserver patches won't patch (yet) against the red hat
patched kernels.

Just to get this right:

- vanilla kernel should not be used on redhat
- vserver does not patch redhat kernel yet

?
It looks a bit like there is no straight way using redhat9 with vserver, am I right with this conclusion ?

Anyway, if you still know the place of the kernel sources, I'd still like to know, as I can't find them. And I guess at some point there will be patches for the redhat kernel.

What would be the way to go ?

Use debian as the host, and maybe use rh vservers ? I'd like to use redhat for some things as I know about it. Just looking into debian...

thanks, JH