Paul Sladen wrote:

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Kevin Gray wrote:

We've been using Jacques vserver tools for quite some time, but would like to move to the util-vserver tools. We can successfully modify Jacques tools to allow for more than 16 ip addresses, but have not been successful with the util-vserver tools.

It's not a userspace issue; it's a #define in the kernel-patch that is currently set to 16.

-Paul

Paul,

Here are the necessary changes right now in Jacques tools, part one refers to the change is in the kernel-patch:

1. Edit kernel patch to change

           +#define NB_IPV4ROOT    16
           +#define NB_IPV4ROOT    32

2. Edit tools rpm source (vserver-XX/chbind.cc)
unsigned long addrs[16],masks[16];

                 unsigned long addrs[32],masks[32];

if (nbaddrs == 16){
fprintf (stderr,"Too many IP numbers, max 16, ignored\n");
if (nbaddrs == 32){
fprintf (stderr,"Too many IP numbers, max 32, ignored\n");

Part 2 refers to the changes to Jacques tools...we tried to make similar changes to Enrico's tools, but would either receive "unknown error" errors or it would seg fault. Most likely because I am not a programmer, so my knowledge is limited. I will try and work with his tools further to fix this problem, I was just hoping someone had already went through this. Thanks...

Kevin Gray