Enrico Scholz wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Enrico Scholz) writes:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kevin Gray) writes:

We've been using Jacques vserver tools for quite some time, but would
like to move to the util-vserver tools. We can successfully modify
Jacques tools to allow for more than 16 ip addresses, but have not
been successful with the util-vserver tools.

Sorry; off-by-one error by me. See

Oops, I misread you mail. Solution for your problem would be the redefinition of NB_IPV4ROOT in lib/virtual.h.

Enrico

Group,

I was able to get 32 ip addresses using the util-vserver tools. Below is a diff of the util-vserver-0.29 tools for reference. I used 64 instead of 32 because chbind would error out when trying to bind 32 ip addresses with the lower setting. I am assuming that the tools possibly added the loopback address as one of the 32 allowed. If anyone can shed some light on that, would be appreciated. Otherwise, the diff below should work. Also, to be consistent, we changed NB_IPV4ROOT to 64 in the kernel. Although we havent tested this, its possible the tools can now support up to 63 ips.

diff -r util-vserver-0.29.orig/lib/virtual.h util-vserver-0.29/lib/virtual.h
78c78
< #define NB_IPV4ROOT 16
---
> #define NB_IPV4ROOT 64
diff -r util-vserver-0.29.orig/src/chbind.c util-vserver-0.29/src/chbind.c
130c130
< struct vc_ip_mask_pair ips[16];
---
> struct vc_ip_mask_pair ips[64];
138,139c138,139
< if (nbaddrs == 16){
< fprintf (stderr,"Too many IP numbers, max 16, ignored\n");
---
> if (nbaddrs == 64){
> fprintf (stderr,"Too many IP numbers, max 64, ignored\n");
diff -r util-vserver-0.29.orig/util-vserver.spec util-vserver-0.29/util-vserver.spec
6c6
< Release: 0
---