Den 16. jun 2004, kl. 18:06, skrev Martin List-Petersen:

I've discussed this issue with Herbert and others before.

Allready now we have spamassassin, denial of html mails, denial of
posts, that don't have the mailinglist in To: or Cc:, virusscan and
various other stuff in place on the mailinglist server and you wouldn't
believe how much spam actually ends up to be managed by the moderator +
what spamassassin allready takes.

I have suggested, that I could implement a whitelisting option that
looks like this:

- All subscribers to the mailinglist are automatic whitelistet.
- "+" as a delimiter would be taken care of, meaning if you use one
time email addresses like [EMAIL PROTECTED] the frontend
would search for [EMAIL PROTECTED] in the whitelist.
- Everybody who is not in the whitelist will get a mail to confirm hos
post, once confirmed (either by reply or url) the mail is send to the
mailinglist
- Mails not confirmed within 7 days will be discarded automatically.
- Mails where the mailinglist name not is in either To: or Cc: will
allways be discarded.

I haven't yet got any feedback if that would be acceptible or not

i like it.

JonB