Martin List-Petersen said:
> I've discussed this issue with Herbert and others before.
>
> Allready now we have spamassassin, denial of html mails, denial of
> posts, that don't have the mailinglist in To: or Cc:, virusscan and
> various other stuff in place on the mailinglist server and you wouldn't
> believe how much spam actually ends up to be managed by the moderator +
> what spamassassin allready takes.

I mess around with spam filtering for hours every day.
The easiest thing to do, is subscribers only post, like you mentioned.
and enable in spamassassin:
surbl+razor+dcc+pyzor, and then
set the spam reject threshold to 4.0.
As nothing any of us post should post higher then a 3.0.

This is what the debian mailing lists do.
This is what I use on my debian mail servers, and I spend 30 seconds a day
managing them.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering