Herbert Poetzl wrote:
hmm, I'd like to ask _all_ current members of this
list, about their opinion

i would not call me a member since i just read along but nevertheless here's my opinion:

1) do we want an open mailing list (like lkml) instead of a closed (subscription only) list

yes, allthough i think that it's not that important. i guess most people will study the website and subscribe (or decide it's not vserver they were looking for).
however the current spam-level is really acceptable (at least for me) and i prefer an open list as long as this doesn't change dramatically.

2) do we want martin to maintain and further improve the existing solution

yes!

 3) are we able to tolerate/ignore the unavoidable
    spam every day/week/month

yes.

 4) do we want the mailing list to become a medium
    of communication and cooperation for linux
    vserver

yes. i don't participate in the development but reading the mailinglist (and the archives) helped a lot to setup a test-vserver. i don't follow irc -- so i'd naturally prefer to read the discussions on the list.

best regards,
Henrik

--
Henrik Heil, zweipol Coy & Heil GbR