> so, now the questions I'd like to get answered:
>
>  1) do we want an open mailing list (like lkml)
>     instead of a closed (subscription only) list

I subscribe and so does everyone who got this message (since you sent it to
the list) so I suspect this will not have much impact on us who are using
the list now.  All of the big lists I participate in require subscription.
The vserver list is relatively low traffic so why not subscribe? If people
are concerned, a wiki page can be created that explains how to subscribe in
digest mode if they prefer it (and if it's available)

My vote is to go ahead and make it a closed subscription

>  2) do we want martin to maintain and further
>     improve the existing solution

Martin is doing a fine job.  Martin, just so you know, being a mailing list
administrator is apparently like being "the sound guy" in a performance...
no one even knows you're there unless there's a problem.  Keep up the good
work.

> 3) are we able to tolerate/ignore the unavoidable
>     spam every day/week/month

The SPAM level is low and certainly tolerable.  Please, folks, if we decide
to keep the list open, just ignore the spam and don't reply to it.

> 4) do we want the mailing list to become a medium
>     of communication and cooperation for linux
>     vserver

Yes, of course.  It is archived and readily accessible using Google.  There
is no better medium than this for finding help.

Matthew Nuzum           | ISPs: Make $200 - $5,000 per referral by
www.followers.net               | recommending Elite CMS to your customers!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       | http://www.followers.net/isp