* Hans Ulrich Niedermann ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> And you can even do that disabling cleanly and automatically if you
> install your guest systems with a virtual klogd instead of the
> standard one which contains nothing but
>
>         Provides: linux-kernel-log-daemon
>         Conflicts: linux-kernel-log-daemon
>         Replaces: linux-kernel-log-daemon
>
> OK, it could make sense to call this package not
> "util-vserver-something" but "vserver-guest". This isn't about
> util-vserver any more, but more something like adding Debian support
> for a new hardware platform.
>
> And for the other hardware stuff Herbert mentioned (random, rtc,
> usb)... theoretically, this vserver-guest package could pull in
> dependencies on adapted versions, or provide virtual packages which
> aren't useful on the guest system.

Yeah..  Honestly, I'd rather see the vserver patch 'fake out' this stuff
instead of having a bunch of special packages be required in the guest.
If nothing else, it makes it that much more obvious that it's a vserver
guest and that there's a master server somewhere which someone might be
interested in trying to bust into...

        Stephen