Hi Herbert,

> please keep this discussion going (maybe some typical
> ipv6 examples or so?) so we can get a feeling for it.

what kind of "typical example" are you asking for? The default IPv6
address style is quite forward to the ipv4 notation (well, same logic
applies, but a slightly changed notation):

an ipv6 address would be:
2001:abcd:ef01::1/64
where the :: is an abbreviation for "fill up with all 0 here.. Thus the
full length notation is:
2001:abcd:ef01:0000:0000:0000:0000:0001
which may be found with "ipv6calc -i -m 2001:abcd:ef01::1".

The /64 is the prefix length which makes the local prefix be:
2001:abcd:ef01:0000

Length of IPv6 is 128bit in 8 blocks written in hex. Each of the blocks
is 2 bytes which makes an overall of 8*16=128 bit.

There's special target prefixes for site-local and link-local yet that
might be rather a routing question and transparent to the vserver, but
i'm not sure.

Please ask for further hints if you need some.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian