> I tried to backup my system remotely using rsync and the system load did
> temporarly go up to 60 (and higher). Consequently my system was not
> available
> for several hours. Therefore I would like to know how I can restrict the
> ressources a vserver is allowed to use (e.g. ram etc.).

I know this doesn't answer your question; I don't use that feature myself. I
do use rsync for my backups, and what I've noticed is that the first time I
do a backup it uses a lot of system resources, especially I/O, which causes
a high server load. After that, rsync doesn't take too long and there's not
much additional load.

You may not need the limiting features unless you will be doing a full
backup every day, and if you are, don't use rsync.

--
Matthew Nuzum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"