Dnia 2005-07-01 19:18, Werner Schalk napisał:
I do run 15 vservers on a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+ with 1gig of RAM. Last night I tried to backup my system remotely using rsync and the system load did temporarly go up to 60 (and higher). Consequently my system was not available for several hours. Therefore I would like to know how I can restrict the ressources a vserver is allowed to use (e.g. ram etc.).

You can limit each vserver-guest cpu usage
(sched_hard and/or sched_prio) by setting certain configuration:
http://linux-vserver.org/Scheduler+Parameters

regards
--
Roman Barczyński <romke(at)estrefa.pl>