Hi!

Next time I will not hijack the thread anymore ... Well, you know I tried to hide my trivialities inside foreign threads :) I promise!

But for now I stay within this one ...

yep, as the name says /legacy/ the reboot now works
with a kernel helper, so it is sufficient to change
nothing at all, just call into the kernel (from the
guest) and request a reboot (usually done by init
or with reboot -f)

ah .... "-f" does the trick .... I think aliassing in bashrc will prevent most questions.

But can't we make an /dev/initctl ? If yes, how?

foo:/dev# ./MAKEDEV initctl
./MAKEDEV: don't know how to make device "initctl"

rgds,
Andreas