Grzegorz Nosek wrote:

Hello,

2005/12/16, Herbert Poetzl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
in general, if there is real interest, and folks (at
least 3 parties) are volunteering to test and add the
required userspace tools/interfaces, please contact me
with a wish list (i.e. what kind of information you
would like to monitor) and we can probably get an
implementation done ... (of course, funding such
features migh be an alternative too :)

Count me in for testing :)
My wishes for vserver monitoring include:
- loadavg and cpu% (somewhat faster than parsing /proc/virtual/*)
- network traffic (again, somewhat faster than iptables stats, a'la
/proc/net/dev maybe)
- reliable memory usage (current implementation apparently doesn't
account for shared memory, like libraries)
- disk i/o
- process-related stuff, like fork rate might be useful (ideally
per-user but that'd be quite an overhead probably)

Also (although not a monitoring issue and actually not vserver-related
really but maybe somebody has a patch handy), I'd love to see per-user
rlimits (the PAM-enforced ones are really per-login, so e.g. apache
doesn't obey them at all).
I would be interested in all of the above. Particularly in network traffic, memory usage and cpu utilization.

Matt