having a problem getting user quotas to work within a
32 bit centos4 guest template on a gentoo 2006.1 amd64 host. this is the
only guest i am trying this on for now.

i followed the guide with some mods due to apparent distro differences between
gentoo and debian at

http://www.5dollarwhitebox.org/wiki/index.php/Howtos_Linux-Vserver_With_LVM_And_Quotas

starting with the vroot subtitle.

here are the steps i took:

1. did not make a vroot device since the deb example expects /dev/vroot/device
while my gentoo box already created /dev/vroot0 - 7 devices without the vroot
directory.

2. mounted the guest lvm partition

3. removed <guestpath>/dev/hdv1

3. vrsetup /dev/vroot0 /dev/vg0/<guestdevicename>

4. cp -fa /dev/vroot0 <guestpath>/dev/hdv1

5. installed quota_ctl inside the guest ccapabilities

6. started guest and entered it

7. ran quotacheck -maug.  it returned nothing.

8. ran quotaon -a. it also returned nothing

9. ran edquota <username> and it bombed saying no quota capable filesystems
found.

it appears to want a mount point which my entire guest is in one partition.
there is, however an  "aquota.user"  file in the guest root.

i am running reiserfs v3 and my host fstab has the option usrquota added in
for the guest partition.

quotas work on the host.

any clues what i did wrong or missed?
maybe some config option somewhere in centos i dont know to set?

--

Chuck