Hi,

I have been using Debian unstable kernel and a few vservers to try out the
memory saving effects of vhashify. Great results, 4 servers each running
apache2 take 80mb less RAM than they did before. I feel safe messing about in
these servers as COW is working, and I should be able to ammend files and have
them automatically unlinked.

What I want to know is can vhashify be used within older vserver setups,
specifically Debian 'etch' with it's none COWed kernel. What precautions would
I need to take and what things can't I do inside these guest servers?

Cheers

--
 From Ben Green