Keith McGee wrote:
Ok I got it to dump, but now I realized that I need to create multiple repositories not just one repository.

A peanut gallery comment:

After creating, managing and dealing with many subversion repositories over the years, and building many different products from them, I would really recommend to take a second look at your "need to create multiple repositories".

There are only a few cases where multiple repos make sense to me:

1) the repos are going to be on physically separate servers so you don't have much choice

2) repo size is an issue and e.g., one repo will store 10's of GB of growing digital assets that you may not want to keep forever (and thus you'll recreate an empty DB every few years), whereas another repo will store source code that won't be insanely big and you'll never want to "clean out".

Remember that a revision # by itself means nothing, it must have an accompanying path (i.e. revision of code on trunk vs. on branch), so you gain nothing by having separate repos if you're thinking "it will keep our revision #'s separate".

When products merge, or become co-dependent in a release, having them in separate repos becomes a pain, and if you want to merge them into a single repo you are forced to change the revision numbers so any recorded info like "merged rxx to /path" or bug track references, emails, etc that record these numbers is suddenly broken.

On the flip side, if you do end up needing to split your repo you can keep empty revisions recorded so your rev #'s stay the same.

Of course, YMMV, you have to look at your own unique stiuation, etc., but that's my 2 cents on the subject. :) (And sorry, I don't know about your actual issue.)

-Nathan