Hi all,

The Democrats seem like they want to join the Republicans! Leahy now supports the man who approved overriding the Geneva Convention so the US could torture prisoners! Its time to build a real opposition in the US!

--Ashley

NY Times, November 17, 2004
Leading Democrat Senator Won't Block Confirmation of Gonzales
By DAVID STOUT

WASHINGTON, Nov. 17 - President Bush's nominee for attorney general,
Alberto R. Gonzales, was all but guaranteed Senate confirmation today
when a leading Democrat expressed fondness for the nominee and signaled
that he would not stand in his way.

"I like him," Senator Patrick J. Leahy of Vermont, the leading Democrat
on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said today after a closed meeting
with Mr. Gonzales, whom he has known as White House counsel.

"I said jokingly that the president, with the majority he has in the
Senate, could have sent up Attila the Hun and got him confirmed," Mr.
Leahy said. "But Judge Gonzales is no Attila the Hun; he's far from
that, and he's a more uniting figure."

full: http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/17/politics/17cnd-couns.html