From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:16:16 -0500
Subject: Re: Backing Gonzales is backing torture

Dear Mr. Leas:

Thank you for contacting me about the nomination of Alberto R.
Gonzales to be United States Attorney General.  I appreciate
hearing from you on this important matter.

I am very concerned about President Bush's choice of Judge
Gonzales, especially because of Judge Gonzales' role in developing
the Administration's policies with regard to the treatment and
interrogation of detainees.  I invite you to read the statement I
made at Judge Gonzales' hearing on my website at
http://leahy.senate.gov

Please know that I will keep your thoughts in mind as the process
continues.   Thank you again for contacting me.  Please keep in
touch.

Patrick Leahy
United States Senator

Yahoo! Groups Links