Corporation for Public Broadcasting
Phone Numbers:
202-879-9600
800-272-2190
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I am writing to strongly protest what to me is no more than a a politically motivated investigation of NPR's Mideast coverage.

NPR is one of the few places that the few members of the American public that still maintain an open mind can hear some balanced reporting on the issue of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict , unlike most other news organizations which have either been frightened into a pro Israeli stance by a prevalent and highly mistaken, administration fostered highly mistaken view that it is the Palestinians who are at fault and the Israelis the poor victim.

The USA has little respect in the world at large now because it is a self serving, greedy power that shows little interest in true fairness . It's failure to understand the true dimensions of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict is likely to trigger a global conflagration. We desperately need balancing reportage from NPR to steer us away from the suicidal path which we are now following.

When 9/11 happened, my first thought was "Israel needs to be reigned in" and we need to tell the Arab world "We hear you and will listen". Instead the USA has taken off on an immature tantrum of warmongering , erosion of civil liberties in the name of the phoney 'fight against terrorism' and an equally thinly disguised colonialism . The present administration constantly lies to the public, perpetuating the 'white knight' myths and suppresses the truth, as it will continue to do by harrassing NPR with right wing motivated McCarthyistic 'investigations'.

Encouraging NPR to offer MORE not LESS  reporting of the Arab viewpoint in the Middle East is one option we have of addressing this imbalanced view of Israel's abuses in the Middle East and possibly relieving some of the tensions that threaten to tear the world apart.

J.Dylan Rivis
12 St Paul St
Montpelier VT 05602

Yahoo! Groups Links