Begin forwarded message:

From: "Joseph Gainza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: June 6, 2005 5:24:17 PM EDT
To: "Alan Taplow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Carl Etnier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Erica" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Kathleen Shepherd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Rose Lazu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Sally Black" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Joseph Gerson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Sons Killed in Iraq, Parents Speak Out - Montpelier

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Contact: Joseph Gainza, American Friends Service Committee: 802 2292340; Cell 802-522-2376

Parents Who Lost Sons in Iraq Speak in MontpelierAgainst War

Montpelier, VT – Cindy Sheehan, co-founder of Gold Star Families for Peace, is touring New England June 6-11th, speaking out against the Iraq war. She will be at the Montpelier Unitarian Church, 130 Main St. on Thursday evening, 7:00PM, June 9. Gold Star Families for Peace is an organization of the families of U.S. soldiers who have died as a result of the current Iraq war.

Since the death of her son, U.S. Army Spec. Casey Sheehan on April 4, 2004 in Sadr City, Cindy has toured the country speaking out against the invasion and occupation of Iraq calling for the return of all U.S. troops.   Cindy Sheehan’s message has been featured on the cover of the March 28, 2005 edition of The Nation magazine, and her speeches have included a memoriam on the first anniversary of her son’s death and the 38th anniversary of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr. at the Riverside Church inManhattan

Cindy Sheehan is quoted in The Nation saying, “I was stunned and dismayed when the United States invaded Iraq… I didn’t agree with it.  I didn’t think it was right, but I never protested until after Casey was killed.  Now I am doing anything I can to shorten this war and save other families the pain we’re going through.”

Speakers at the event on Thursday will include John Gelineau of Bristol, Vermont whose son Christopher was also killed in Iraqthe same month that Casey Sheehan died. Nancy Brown, founder of the Vermont Chapter of Military Families Speak Out, an anti-war group of family members of US troops in Iraq will also speak. Following the presentations there will be time for questions and discussion.

John Gelineau not only lost his son in Iraq but a year after his death, Christopher’s widow was also killed. Gelineau says he is a “father (who) tells the story of his son killed in Iraq and keeps alive the dream of his young daughter-in-law that his son will never be forgotten.”

Cindy Sheehan will be touring New England the week of June 6-11th with the American Friends Service Committee.  Her speaking engagements include events in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Vermont

Sponsors: the American Friends Service Committee, PeaceVermont, Vermont Military Families Speak Out. Information: 802-229-2340; [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-30-

Joseph Gainza

Vermont Program Coordinator

American Friends Service Committee