[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
 11-22-05
Peter in Caracas

Today Peter and his Global Exchange group were on location at the bridge site of the filming of "The Revolution will not be Televised", and they spoke with a woman in a nearby shop who was there when the movie was being made. Then they visited a government funded bank supporting micro-enterprises with 90% of the money going to women. Leadership is clear that women are the foundation of society. They are also given social development support:everything from breast exams to literacy. There is no intent that these banks will make money. They are there for the support of the people. Next Peter volunteered to be interviewed on television; he spoke English and his new friend Antonio translated. The interview was about the South American trade agreement called Mercosur. "You know me; I've always got something to say about such things." Just now he was leaving his hotel room again to go transcribe some of the interviews he and Antonio recorded today. They're writing an article together that will be his first dispatch to Susan Green for possible use in her Burlington Free Press article about his trip and he'll email it to all of you, too.

Sharyl

Palestinian Israeli American politics
Dvd region free Region free dvd player

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS