  From: Aubrey Wells [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Jeff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 12:15:58 -0400
Subject: Re: [Vyatta-users] Redundant Routers Setup (VRRP)

You'd need a switch between TWTC and your vyatta pair. Is your /28 routed
behind a /30 from TWTC or are they routing the 28 for you and you're NATing to
your inside hosts? If the /28 is physically behind your vyatta, and you have a
/30 out front, you'll need a /29 or larger to be able to do VRRP (one ip for
each router + the VIP).

I can't help you on the step-by-step, as I've never done VRRP on Vyatta. You
might want to read through chapter 11 of the configuration guide, as it deals
with VRRP.

http://vyatta.com/twiki/pub/Community/ConfigurationGuide/Vyatta_ConfigGuide_R2.2_Beta_v02.pdf

Aubrey Wells
Senior Engineer