Hi All,

I have posted a mail some days ago describing a problem when I tried to
configure multicast in VC2.2.

After studing the problem, I have realized that the problem is in the
kernel, where multicast is not enabled

When I execute "sysctl -a | grep mc_forwarding" I get the following answer:

net.ipv4.conf.lo.mc_forwarding = 0
net.ipv4.conf.default.mc_forwarding = 0
net.ipv4.conf.all.mc_forwarding = 0

The problem is that I am not able change these values:

When I tried to edit the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/mc_forwarding file I
get a extrange error (although I have set as 777 all files and folders in
the tree).
I have never seen something like that, it seems as some process is just
accessing the file. Something as reading the file to start a process. No
idea!!

I have also tried to set up the right values in the /etc/sysctl.conf file,

net.ipv4.conf.lo.mc_forwarding=1
net.ipv4.conf.default.mc_forwarding=1
net.ipv4.conf.all.mc_forwarding=1

but after restarting the router the values are again set to 0.

The last attempt to change the values has been just to try to force values
in /etc/sysctl.conf to be re-read

/sbin/sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.conf

Again, no success at all.

Anybody can give me a clue?

Thanks in advance...

I get the following problem when trying to configure multicast in a VMware
virtualize OFR. I have work properly with Multicast in V2.0 but now with
V2.2 I have got this error message when I try to commit the configuration.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] set multicast mfea4 interface eth0
[edit]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] commit
[edit]
Commit Failed
[EMAIL PROTECTED] e config ready of process mfea4
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[edit]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The same problem arise if I try to configure protocol igmp...

My configuration file is also here...

   protocols {
   }
   policy {
   }
   interfaces {
       loopback lo {
       }
       ethernet eth0 {
           hw-id: 00:0C:29:27:C5:8C
           address 10.10.10.100 {
               prefix-length: 24
           }
       }
       ethernet eth1 {
           hw-id: 00:0C:29:27:C5:96
           address 170.10.10.100 {
               prefix-length: 24
           }
       }
   }
>   multicast {
>       mfea4 {
>           interface eth0 {
>           }
>       }
>   }
   service {
       telnet {
       }
   }
   firewall {
   }
   system {
       ntp-server "69.59.150.135"
       login {
           user root {
               authentication {
                   encrypted-password: "$1$$Ht7gBYnxI1xCdO/JOnodh."
               }
           }
           user vyatta {
               authentication {
                   encrypted-password: "$1$$Ht7gBYnxI1xCdO/JOnodh."
               }
           }
       }
       package {
           repository community {
               component: "main"
               url: "http://archive.vyatta.com/vyatta";
           }
       }
   }
   rtrmgr {
       config-directory: "/opt/vyatta/etc/config"
   }