From: Justin Fletcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 09 October 2007 11:45
To: Daren Tay
Cc: vyatta-users@mailman.vyatta.com
Subject: Re: [Vyatta-users] Logging

"show log" is also run outside of config mode --
You can run any command in config mode by putting "run" in front of it,
as in "run show log" or "run show interfaces".

If you want to watch traffic, "tshark" is available from the root shell.
Once you've run logged in as root, try

tshark -i eth0 -n port 80

(assuming you want to monitor interface eth0).  This will let you see
all your web traffic.  A lot of TCP retransmissions would be a sign of
dropped packets somewhere along the path.

Personally, I monitor the router with MRTG from http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/
.
Others prefer other monitoring tools, such as Cacti (http://www.cacti.net/).

Justin