Stig
I found that the root mode routing table was completely missing and a
lot of RIB errors being continuously reported
VC3 seems to not like serial ports being deleted and recreated.
Another issue is that Ethernet NICs that are not actually connected
during installation seem to be overlooked during the route creation
I solved my problem by formatting and starting again with cisco-hdlc
encapsulation

Regards
David