When trying to  configure an second  area  running on a   vyatta host.
This will router will become an ABR with two interfaces area 0 ( eth0 )
and area 1 ( eth1 ).

When ever I try to create the second area &  commit the changes ,
vyatta complains with the following

. [edit protocols/ospf4/area/0.0.0.1

Commit Failed

102 Command failed BadPeer from line 374 of
/home/autobuild/builds/master/2007-10-24-0001/ofr/xorp/xorp/ospf/peer_ma
nager.cc: Mapping for eth1/eth1 already exist

I've try a host of  options to include , deleting that area, renumbering
to another  area #, and just recently, restarting the  vyatta host,
after  the reboot and then reconfiguration of area1 , I was able to
establish adj

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> show ospf4 neighbor

  Address         Interface             State      ID              Pri
Dead

xxx.xxx.60.35    eth0                   Full      xxx.xxx.60.35      5
11

192.168.254.252  eth1                   Full      xxx.xxx.60.35    128
33

[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED] show protocols ospf4 area 0.0.0.1

    interface eth1 {

        address 192.168.254.251 {

        }

    }

[edit]

Have anybody else seen the same strangeness with  ospf +vyatta ? and to
include the md5 authenication issues  posted  previously ?