I don't know if I'm understanding this right. You want to add a second
subnet on a second interface of the Vyatta router? In that case, yes it will
work fine, without much extra configuration (you may need to modify your
NAT/firewall rules). That's a pretty straight forward setup though. If you
are looking to add a second router to your network, with a second network
behind that router you would need to add static routes for the network
behind the second router, and a default route on the second router.
Alternatively you could use a simple routing protocol like RIP. Make sense?