Not sure about the vyatta overriding part, I'm always unsure of what
will get overridden myself. I do know that you will need to put your
commands in to /etc/rc.d/rc.local so it will survive a reboot.

For the bandwidth tracking, I'm using a utility called bandwidthd and
it works very well.

Aubrey Wells
Senior Engineer
Shelton | Johns Technology Group