Hi Zach,

Zach Jansen <zach.jan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks good to me, I like the wild card option being added. The only
> thing I would add is mentioning in the documentation the limitations
> of the whitelist/blacklist with regards to the other discovery plugins
> such as google/archive.org/etc.

yes, you're right, I forgot to merge your documentation with the one I wrote
before I made the patch. This should be included so people know about the
limitations. I'll add that when I have time for it, I'm currently on the road.

> I think option number 2 is the way to go if we want to get around that. My
> guess though, is that anyone who wants to issue requests to the passive
> discovery plugins will be able to define their whitelist/blacklist on the
> webspider plugin and allow the other plugins to function correctly. Again, I
> think that should be added to the documentation as a side effect of the global
> whitelist/blacklist.

Hm, ok, that's a point. I guess we can assume that people know what they're
doing when they enable the plugins. I'll have to look into the webSpider code
when I have the time, but would it make sense then to remove the black- and
whitelisting from it and just use the global black- and whitelisting? Assuming
of course that the patch makes it into trunk :).

Patrick

--
The Plague: You wanted to know who I am, Zero Cool? Well, let me explain
            the New World Order. Governments and corporations need people