On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 06:30:29PM -0300, Martin Tartarelli wrote:
> >> OWASP already has a wiki where anyone can add hashes to the list.
> >> About all the project lead would need to do is set a watch on that page
> >> and re-generate archive of the list after any new ones are added
> >>   or
> >> you could just scrape that wiki page.  The printable view would be cake
> >> to scrape.
> > +1, but "the creator" of the favicon thing is Vlatko, and he should be
> > the one that decides what to do with that,
> +1 There are a wiki page [1] about this topic and the Project Leader
> is Vlatko Kosturjak =)
> [1]
> http://www.owasp.org/index.php?title=GPC_Project_Details/OWASP_Favicon_Database_Project&setlang=es
> ....and a maling list...

It seems that great minds think the same :)

To be serious, yes, it's there and I have just released new version of
favicon database, it's available here:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:Favicon-md5-20100222.zip

Thanks to all contributions/ideas/suggestions people on this list:
Andres, Ulises2k, Raul Siles, Matt Tesauro, Martin Tartarelli.

Andres, could you update the database on w3af subversion?

I have also invited nmap people to participate on nmap-dev mailing
list but I got no response, I'll try to bump it again. I'll check
with the Nikto people as well...

Note that you can contribute directly by editing wiki database:
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_favicon_database

Of course, you can still contribute via twitter by sending it
with @OWASPfavicon if that's easier for you, we'll update the
wiki database...

Looking forward to hear from you,
--
Vlatko Kosturjak - KoSt                                  ICQ: 3631122